Elbow Pain Treatment
Tennis Elbow Pain?
Tennis elbow is a term describing pain at the outer region of the elbow joint. The pain can be caused by overstrain of muscles around the elbow or injury to the elbow joint. Tennis elbow occurs when we do a lot of wrist movement which can overuse and strain the point of attachment of these muscles. Movements includes lifting, housework, cooking and typing can also overload these muscles.
Tennis Elbow Treatment
Physiotherapy has been shown to be effective in the short and long-term management of tennis elbow.
At BMJ Physiotherapy, we treat many kinds of elbow joint issues.
Physiotherapy for elbow pain aims to achieve:
- Reduction of elbow pain
- Facilitation of tissue repair
- Restoration of normal joint range of motion and function
- Restoration of normal muscle length, strength and movement patterns
- Normalisation of your upper limb neurodynamics
- Normalisation of cervical joint function
Physiotherapy treatment for elbow pains can include gentle mobilisation of your neck and elbow joints, elbow Kinesio taping, muscle stretches, neural mobilisations, massage and strengthening.