Whiplash Treatment Singapore
Whiplash is a term for sudden acceleration-deceleration forces on the neck as a result of motor vehicle collisions or sports injury. These forces may result in bony or soft tissue injuries such as discs, ligaments, tendons, neck muscles, and nerve roots. Injuries to these structure may cause difficulty in certain head/ neck movement, pain in the upper limbs, headaches or dizziness.
Some common symptoms:
- Neck stiffness or pain
- Constant or regular headaches experienced
- Light headedness
- Shoulder or back aches
- Concentration difficulty
Physiotherapy For Whiplash
It is very important for legal/claims reason that you should visit an experience orthopaedic doctor to evaluate and document the extent of your whiplash injury.
Whiplash treatment – physiotherapy can help you in the following ways:
- Education: pain and stiffness in the neck can be a scary experience, and understanding the extent of the injury will make it a less intimidating experience. The physiotherapist will also explain to you how certain activities and movements should be avoided to aid recovery.
- Release of tight and overuse muscles with self-trigger point release technique
- Correction of posture
- Recruitment, activation and strengthening of specific upper body muscles
- Taping to create postural awareness
At BMJ Physiotherapy, our specialists are trained to diagnose if your neck has this particular problem, and thereafter we would recommend a customized treatment for your whiplash neck problem. It is important see a doctor or a specialist to get an accurate diagnosis in order that you might get the necessary treatment as soon as possible.
Related Neck Conditions
Does the condition described above match what you are experiencing? If not try viewing these other conditionsGeneral Neck Pain Postural Related Neck Pain