Sports Injury Physiotherapy
Our specialists are experts in sports injury physiotherapy and are trained to do prevention, diagnosis and do an accurate treatment of musculoskeletal and sporting injuries. We can help return you to your best level of function after an injury.
Common sporting injuries:
- Joint sprains— knee & ankle sprains; shoulder and finger injuries
- Muscle injuries—hamstring, calf, quadricep strains
- Tendon injuries—achilles, patella and gluteal tendon pain
- Bony overuse injuries—such as ‘shin splints’ or stress fractures
- Post-surgery rehab —knee, shoulder or ankle arthroscopies or reconstructions
Our physiotherapists may use the following techniques:
- Manual therapy, such as joint mobilization and massage.
- Sports Taping to support an area or facilitate normal movement.
- Rehabilitation exercises and advice, taking into account individual goals and history.
Our physiotherapists also have a role in injury prevention. There are several injuries (including ankle sprains, anterior cruciate ligament tear and muscle injuries) for which the risk can be significantly reduced if a specific injury prevention program is used. These programs are typically not time intensive and can actually improve sporting performance as well.
Here at BMJ Therapy, we are committed to give you the finest care to achieve the best results with respect to your injuries. Our vast clinical experience delivers accurate diagnosis in our detailed assessments. We aim to treat the underlying cause of the injury and correct them to prevent symptoms from recurring. We will also work with you to prevent future injuries with a detailed injury management plan, so that you can go home and keep yourself happy, healthy and injury free.
If you are suffering from a sports related injury, it is important to have your condition assessed by our specialists that are experts in sports injury physiotherapy soon.